Chehalem Ridgecrest Vineyard While enjoying a glass of wine, we do not think about the vineyard that it came from, the problems vintners face, the difficulty growing a particular grape. We just enjoy. Sipping on a glass of wine can bring back memories, it can also make us smile with the aromas. Yesterday while drinking a brand I had not yet tried of Pinot Nior, Meiomi 2014, I wondered what made this brand so different and acidic than others I had previously tried. The year, the region, the soil, the sun, the amount of rain that particular year, temperatures, so many things affect a harvest, it's flavors, and it's yield. California saw this years harvest at about 50% off the norm, though it's rumored the flavors this year are ideal, so expect the prices for 2015 to be more than 2014. Pinot noir grapes at Santenay , in Burgundy My question was still, why so acidic? According to "Pinot Noir is also one of the more difficult wines to ferment. Part...
Comments
Post a Comment